What to pack for a 5-day business trip?
I usually over-pack each time I travel. I know I should know better – and I’ve become a better and more efficient packer over the years… but still… There are always those few pieces I never wear!
Putting my past packing experiences into practice, I created the most stylish and efficient packing list for a 5-day business trip, assuming you are traveling for a conference (domestic or overseas) where you stay most of the time in the conference center during the day and have dinners/functions to attend in the evening with not much time to change in-between.
All items I picked can be combined with each other and the styling combinations are endless.
What to pack?
- One business pantsuit in a neutral color
- One matching skirt
- One matching dress if possible – if the matching dress is not available, choose another one in a neutral color and style that will go with the blazer and cardigan
- One pair of dark washed, mid rise, straight-leg (or bootcut) jeans
- One casual jacket/blazer
- One cardigan with a pattern/color
- One cape/wrap/pashmina
- Seven tops (blouse, knit top, sweater, satin/silk tops)
- One pair of flats
- One or two pair of neutral pumps (different heights)
- One pair of heels in a color
- One every-day tote
- One cross-body purse
- One evening clutch
- Two statement necklaces with matching earrings
- One neutral daytime necklace with matching earrings
- Three scarfs
Leave a Reply